Hi there, my name is Dan & I am an Adobe Certified Instructor. Together we are going to learn how to use Adobe XD. We will use this UX UI design tool to create a beautiful User Interface & streamlined User Experience.
During our course we will use an actual freelance project which I am working on. It’s a project that needs both a website interface & a mobile app, so it will give you a good idea of how to manage your own UX projects.
This course is aimed at people new to design & user experience. We will start right at the beginning and work our way through step by step.
First I’ll show you how to construct a good brief & UX persona. Then you will learn to create simple wireframes, from there we will learn how to implement colours & images correctly in your designs. You will learn learn the do's and don'ts of choosing fonts for web & mobile apps. We will also cheat a little by exploring pre-made UI kits to speed up our workflow.
We will build & prototype both a website design and a mobile app design, connecting pages and also adding full interactivity ready for user testing. I will share with you all the secret tricks inside Adobe XD that help you speed up repetitive tasks and we will work all the way through to exporting correct files & creating your design specs.
There is a project for you to complete during this class which will help develop your skills and will give you something for your own portfolio.
It is now time to upgrade yourself & learn Adobe XD.
What are the requirements?
- You will need a copy of Adobe XD 2018 or above. A free trial can be downloaded from Adobe.
- No previous design experience is needed.
- No previous Adobe XD skills are needed.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 42 lectures of well-structured, step by step content.
- Learn to design websites & mobile phone apps.
- Work with fonts & colors.
- Prototype your designs with interactions.
- Test on mobile phones.
- Send your designs for feedback & commenting.
- Export production ready assets.
- Create your first UX brief & persona.
- Create quick wireframes.
- How to use premade UI kits.
- Learn professional workflow tricks & shortcuts.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind
- Downloadable exercise files
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew
- All the techniques used by UX professionals
What is the target audience?
- This course is for beginners.
- Aimed at people new to the world of design & user experience.
- No previous Adobe XD experience is necessary.
- For anyone that needs to add ‘UX Design’ to their portfolio.