Explore your creativity and expand your painting skills with these step-by-step watercolor techniques! We’ll be focusing on modern techniques that you can’t achieve with any other medium – this is part of what makes watercolors so special.
My watercolor paintings have been sold throughout the world on over 1,00,000 products and counting. My painting style is modern and on-trend, which is a big part of why my work sells so well. I distill complicated motifs into simple shapes with a whimsical touch and plenty of intricate whitespace linework. I blend a few non-traditional techniques within the watercolor medium for a unique and contemporary aesthetic.
Today, I’m going to teach you my process in an easy to follow, step-by-step guide. Whether you’re a beginner or advanced artist looking to expand your painting techniques, this class covers it all:
- Art supplies I recommend, including paint brands, paper, and brush types
- Tips for sketching out the perfect composition
- Mixing vibrant color palettes
- Brush control techniques so you can create the perfect stroke
- Painting with whitespace in mind Blending hues together on paper
- Creating beautiful watercolor blooms and ombré gradient washes
- Fixing mistakes as you paint, like splattered paint or wayward brushstrokes
- Adding in tiny details to your painting
As a special treat, I’m including a *bonus video* at the end of this class that shows you how to weave gold textures into your final watercolor paintings with Photoshop. This is a little trick I use to create modern accents within my paintings, whether it’s a little touch of copper tone or rose-gold.
When you enroll in my class, I’ll even give you a free 6-pack of JPEGs that contain a range of metallic tones for you to work with.